Saturday, May 9, 2009

moving

I used to blog at multiply.com but it's getting 'friendster-er'. So I decided to move here.

I'm going to review my past blog. Actually I've done pretty much. Takes a very good mood to move the essence of my writtings. Let's start.

It was July 2008. I was a useless thing after finishing graduate theses. No job, questioning, trapped in uncertainity. Haha. All I can do is complaining. Yet I found inspiring things in my daily life. One of them is my 72-years-old-and-never-stop-teaching lecturer. So I wrote. And another lecturer-now-a-friend found my blog *darn..* and finally put my writting on a tribute book for the 72-years-old-and-never-stop-teaching lecturer. Which is not so special for me [I mean not the book, but having my stupid blog published on a supposed-to-be-great-book].

Later, the 72-years-old-and-never-stop-teaching lecturer wrote something on my page which made me wordless.
Other things are about my life, and how I've been badly wanting to be a guitarist but I guess I'm not skillful enough haha. Somehow, being a good acoustic guitar player has always been my biggest passion. The best thing is: knowing that people like to hear my performance, singing along, dancing, clapping hands while I’m playing, then finally put big smiles on their faces after I played -- well I'm still working on that. I know I am SERIOUS. I will be a good guitarist.

from http://www.myspace.com/kakiking


"In an interview in the April 1, 2008 issue of Blast Magazine,
King says she hopes she can be known more for her music and not just as a "good female guitarist."
“Ultimately, I’d rather be known as like, ‘Oh yeah, that sounds like Kaki King,’
rather than ‘Oh, she’s pretty good for a girl.’”"

*Kaki king, from wikipedia


I know being in twenty-something is not easy. And it is portrayed perfectly in Jamie Cullum's song, Twenty Something. Leave me alone, I'm on twenty something! There are also one and another thing after the graduation day. Well absolutely, graduation is not for me, but for my parents. They just need proove. They don't need the thinking of what I should be. Or they just don't want to know. And people outside are very intimidating. The thing they care about is just: 'where are you working now?' or 'oh so you're one of the best graduated student from a reputable university?' or 'aren't you going to continue your study?' and all those stupid things. Go to hell.


On the other day, I posted something about the number 7. Everyone miss-interpreted that I like 7. Or it's because someday in the past, I used to interact a lot with other 6 friends - and so we are 7. Or it's just another fun thing. But they all are actually wrong. It's been 7 years that I have something in me. Or ironically, don't have any. Or can't have any. Anyway, the number 7 is sometimes sacred, and some said it has controversy inside the meaning. And it's interesting.

She looks like the real thing She tastes like the real thing My fake plastic love But I can't help the feeling I could blow through the ceiling If I just turn and run And it wears me out, it wears me out It wears me out, it wears me out And if I could be who you wanted If I could be who you wanted All the time, all the time radiohead - fake plastic trees

Other things are just about my daily life. And some are movies. Some are songs. Maybe I should repost some.

P.S.: why do most blogging sites got me frustrated layouting the post?

No comments: