Tuesday, June 1, 2010

may's weekends

It's June already X_X

While the time goes really fast, I had interesting weekends last May, actually. Some were very personal (or emotional?) and aren't meant to be shared here, but at least two other weekends are just too exciting to be kept.

On the 2nd weekend of May, I had a trip to Cibodas, with the big family. Right. The. Family. Uncles, aunties, nephews, cousins.. I thought this trip would be very boring and pretentious, while I need to greet everyone 'happily' all the time. I figured out that it wasn't that bad. The place was a National Park, and it's really stunning seriously. The ancient trees and huge plants, fresh air, great view, it was really refreshing. The other best thing was I didn't really need to 'greet everyone happily all the time' because this rare opportunity being in such place gave me excuse to freely leave the guest house where we all stayed hehe. Here are some sketches:




The next weekend, I had a chance to sketch an event called TEDx. Well. I don't really know how to describe the event, but it's kind of lecture/sharing/discussion. If you know an event named pecha kucha, then TED might be similar to it. The global tag line for the event is 'ideas worth spreading', and it presented key speakers, performers and videos from TED events across the globe. Kindly click www.ted.com for the true information about TED. Why I was there? It's because one of my friend was on the event's committee, and she had the idea to record the event through sketches. As you may have guessed, the sketchers were me and Galih. Haha. And by the way I really like how they called us 'sketch artists'. Sounds cool, doesn't it? Go to my flickr photostream for better view of the sketches.

And this is one of some videos they repeatedly played during the preparation and break. which is one of my favorite song and singer of all time.


p.s.: I really miss writing :(

No comments: